Choosing a school for your child is a significant decision. We believe a Waldorf education is one of the most important investments you can make in your child’s formative years. Our tuition and fees are strategically structured to attract and retain a diverse population so that our community can be as enriching as the education we provide. Payment plans and tuition assistance are available to support your enrollment process.
Investing in the future
Parents support WSB by paying tuition and material fees to support the needs of the classroom. We also need parents to support the community life of the school. By being an active community member at WSB our school continues to thrive with life, light, warmth and the strength to grow towards the future. Parents are also asked to support the school through our fundraising efforts as outlined in our school calendar and be available for classroom experiences.
Material and Activity Fees
Material fees at WSB cover the materials or “consumables” used throughout the school year. These range from organic, delicious ingredients for food in our early childhood to the quality supplies available to our students in our grades school classrooms. The material fees also cover certain activities that are age appropriate, engaging, opportunities for the students to participate in that coincide with the curriculum offerings. This also covers that costs of field trips that enable our student to participate in regional activities with other Waldorf Schools starting in our grades program. Material fees help cover the cost of additional supplies such as a Pentatonic flute in grades 1 and 2, the additional curriculum of Handwork, Gardening, Eurythmy, World Language, Movement (beginning in 2nd grade), Woodwork (beginning in 5th grade), Theatre Arts in middle school and much more.
Depending on the teacher, and with plenty of advance notice, there may be some field trips or additional expenses that are not covered by the class budget. The class teacher or subject teacher will determine with the class parents if the class is able to take on this additional expense. Each winter in Grades 3 through 8, the students participate in snow sport activities, which may incur a minimal additional cost.
2020-2021 Tuition Rates and Fees
Monthly Nursery School tuition and fees
- 2 days per week (8:30am to 12:30pm): $336 plus $125 annual materials fee
- 3 days per week (8:30am to 12:30pm): $497 plus $150 annual materials fee
- 5 days per week (8:30am to 12:30pm): $784 plus $200 annual materials fee
Annual Tuition for Early Childhood Programs
- 2 Day Pre-Kindergarten (8:30am to 12:30pm): $2950 plus $235 materials fee
- 3 Day Pre-Kindergarten (8:30am to 12:30pm): $3850 plus $345 materials fee
- 5 day Pre-Kindergarten (8:30am to 12:30pm): $6800 plus $525 materials fee
- 5 day Kindergarten (8:30am to 12:30pm): $6800 plus $525 materials fee
Annual Tuition for Grades Programs
- 1st Grade (8:30am to 2pm): $9660 plus $540 materials and activity fee
- 2nd (8:30am to 3pm): $10,525 plus materials and activity fee $556
- 3rd (8:30am to 3pm): $10,525 plus materials and activity fee $582
- 4th (8:30am to 3:15pm): $10,525 plus materials and activity fee $609
- 5th (8:30am to 3:15pm): $10,525 plus materials and activity fee $635
- 6th (8:30am to 3:15pm): $10,525 plus materials and activity fee $661
- 7th and 8th Grade (8:30am to 3:15pm): $10,988 plus materials fee and activity fee $687
WSB uses the Smart Tuition service to facilitate the payment of school tuition and associated fees. Currently enrolled families can access the Parent Portal/Login at the following link: https://www.parent.smarttuition.com.
Newly enrolling families can enroll with Smart Tuition at the following link: https://enrollwithsmart.com.
Click here for FAQs on the Smart Tuition Management System.
Questions regarding the Smart Tuition Management System should be directed to the Smart Tuition Parent Help Center at 888-868-8828.
Questions regarding WSB tuition and fees should be addressed to the school at 541-330-8841.
The Waldorf School of Bend also accepts ERDC and DHS childcare subsidy payments. Did you know that qualified candidates also can utilize these subsidy payments for our before care programs, after school programs and camps? To learn more about ERDC and to see if you qualify please click here or follow this link: https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ASSISTANCE/CHILD-CARE/Pages/index.aspx
*Musical instruments such as ukulele, diatonic, soprano, alto or tenor recorders may be purchased at an estimated cost of $80 in Grade 4 through 8
We offer monthly, bi-annual or pay in full tuition payment plans. Extended Care is billed at $7 per hour.