Parent Portal Logins
Your School Hub: Get things done and know what’s going on
WSB’s Parent Portal is BigSIS. Here you can:
- view the school directory
- access enrollment records
- update school forms
- log volunteer hours
There is also a link to recover or change your password. For questions, contact Sarah Rucker in the front office.
WSB’s Financial portal is Smart Tuition for the payment of school tuition, associated fees and viewing statements.
Click here for an overview of Smart Tuition features including mobile payments.
Newly enrolling families can go to Smart Tuition’s enrollment center to set up an account.
Questions regarding the use of Smart Tuition should be made to Smart Tuition Parent Help Center at 888-868-8828. Questions regarding WSB tuition and fees should be addressed to the school at 541-330-8841.
Annual Events & Festivals
The natural rhythms of nature and time can be found at the heart of Waldorf education. Through celebrations and observance of yearly rhythm at WSB we establish a firm foundation for our children, build and strengthen our community, and nourish our relationship with nature. In addition to the community-wide festivals listed here, teachers celebrate other festivals in the classroom, including those connected to the cultures being studied or the religious traditions of the students in the class.
The Waldorf School of Bend is pleased to offer need-based financial assistance. The amount varies from year to year. For the 2018-19 school year, families will be offered up to 30% discount per student, on a case by case basis.
Aid is awarded in the form of tuition discounts and is based on demonstrated financial need as assessed by our objective and confidential third party partner, Smart Aid. While Smart Aid provides an objective assessment, WSB makes all final awards decisions, taking into account the special needs of each family, as well as a commitment to our school community, culture, and Waldorf education.
The financial aid application period is announced each year, approximately mid-year. The application period is generally between December and March, so that families will know their aid status prior to re-enrollment.
Confidential aid applications can be made online via Smart Aid. The deadline for 2018-19 aid is January 19, 2018. Questions on the application process should be directed to the front office.
Fundraising and Volunteering at WSB
The Purpose of Giving
As a private school, fundraising is an essential component of school life. We strive to make this community endeavor interactive, easy, and an exciting way to meet our collective goals each year! There are many ways to give back to WSB - including giving your time through volunteering and service.
Financial gifts to our school make our mission possible - to educate, nurture, and grow students who will become compassionate, joyful, powerful world citizens. A gift represents a shared vision of academic excellence through Waldorf education. As WSB is supported, we give back to our communities - so a gift becomes a shared resource that reaches beyond our walls.
At the core of our Strategic Development Plan is the commitment to building and nurturing relationships with our families, individuals, organizations and businesses who share in our vision. The strength of our school depends on the contributions of our community. With your help, WSB will continue to grow and blossom.
There are many ways to give at WSB:
- Annual Fund Contributions
- Support/donate to our annual auction
- WSB eScrip Program
- Amazon Smile
- Employee matching funds
- Shopping at the 4 Gnomes School Store
4 Gnomes Store
Pop-up shopping is scheduled at our Friday Gatherings, festivals, and seasonal sales. Call 541-330-8841 to find out when the 4 Gnomes will be open. The 4 Gnomes Store is a unique source in Bend for all-natural and socially conscious toys, educational materials, books and hard-to-find craft supplies. Some of our many offerings include:
- Wooden and natural toys for babies and children
- Waldorf curriculum and art supplies for home
- Uriel face, body and health products
- Wool felt, roving and wool
- Colored beeswax
- Knitting yarns and supplies
- Needle and wet felting supplies
- Dollmaking supplies
- Watercolor paints & painting supplies
- Wonderful gift items, such as craft kits
- Beeswax candles
Parent Council activities include community building events and gatherings, parent education, open communication and outreach, faculty and staff support, and fund-raising endeavors. Examples include the annual Artworks mailing, school auction, and Feed the Faculty.
All parents and guardians of children currently enrolled at WSB are automatically considered members of the WSB PC. Each member is welcomed as a valuable contributor to the mission and goals of the council. The success of PC rests on the commitment and contributions of our parent body.
All members have a voice at Parent Council and may vote when making decisions. Parent Council is facilitated by two parent co-chairs who set meeting agendas and calendar, and who act as resources and support to Parent Council members working on ongoing projects.
WSB invites all interested parents to participate in our development as we work to create a structure that supports the needs, interests and concerns of our community.
Meetings will be held monthly at school and all are invited. Check the school calendar for dates.
Each grade has a class representative to Parent Council and their responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend all PC meetings or arrange for a substitute from your class
- Forward meeting minutes to class
- Bring class input to Parent Council
- Be knowledgeable about school policies as defined by the Parent Handbook
- Welcome new families to our community and guide them to the New Parent Guide
- Serve the interests and represent the opinions of the parents in your class
- Participate in community events
- Parent Council – Enriches the lives of parent community through education, outings, lectures, parenting issue discussion groups and other social events, volunteer coordination, meets monthly.
- Annual Auction Committee – Plans and coordinates one of largest fundraisers for the school.
- Hospitality – Supports administration and faculty by providing refreshments/food for open houses and other school-related events.
- Marketing and Outreach – assist school’s enrollment efforts by strategizing new marketing and outreach ideas.
- Buildings and Grounds – coordinates and assists building repairs and projects, lawn care, gardening, and playground.
- Classroom Volunteer – assists in the classroom with various projects as requested by the teacher.
- Parent Welcome – coordinates new family welcome events, matches new parents to a “buddy” family to assist the transition to our school.
- Board of Directors – stewards of the school’s financial and legal obligations, strategic vision of School’s future goals and needs.
- The 4 Gnomes Store – organizes and assists with inventory, merchandising, ordering, sales, and special fundraisers.
- Festivals – supports faculty in organizing various festivals, including Michaelmas, Autumn Journey, Spiral of Lights, and May Faire.
- Development – strategic planning of school’s fundraising activities, including Annual Fund, soliciting corporate giving and nonprofit grants.
Can you offer any of the following expertise? Grant Writing, Legal, Marketing/Sales, Software, website or general computer, Bookkeeping, Financial Management, Carpentry/Construction, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Sprinkler/Irrigation, Landscape Design, Graphic Design Copywriting/ Editing, Fence Building/Repair, Hand Crafts (knitting, felting, needle-point, crochet, embroidery), Baking/catering… WE NEED YOU!!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to sign up.
The Wanderlust Ball is the Waldorf School of Bend’s final major fundraiser of each academic year. Like most independent schools, fundraising is essential to closing the gap between tuition and operating expenses. Proceeds raised fulfill the operating budget of the current school year, and are essential to compensating our incredible teachers and keeping our vibrant curriculum alive. Watch for announcements each spring about this fantastically fun party to benefit WSB!
The Waldorf School of Bend cultivates academic excellence through our experiential curriculum rich in the arts, sciences and practical works. We honor each child’s unique spirit by building capacities of will, free thought, compassion and social responsibility. In this way, children develop with purpose to act as powerful world citizens.
2150 NE STUDIO ROAD,
BEND, OREGON 97701
(541) 330 - 8841