Our Parent-Toddler program offers a gentle first experience for young ones to join in the rhythm of a nurturing class. Parents and caregivers participate with their child in a seasonal circle time and mindful movement, preparing and sharing daily snack, and creating natural crafts with beeswax, yarn and wool.
The children are encouraged to explore and play while the teacher guides discussion among the parents. Discussion topics include rhythm and routine, sleep, healthy movement and development, care of the senses, and nourishing ourselves as parents. This time is given for parents to connect with one another and learn more about Waldorf education. The day closes after simple gardening or outdoor imaginative play, and coming together for farewells.
This program is offered to children 18 months to 3 years old. Enrollment policies are as follows:
- Class fees are non-refundable unless entire class is cancelled by the instructor.
- Make up classes will be offered if the instructor must cancel a class.
- Children must be fever and symptom free for 24 hours prior to attending class.
- Enrollment fees are for one adult and one child. Fee is $50 for a second adult or child (no charge for additional babes-in-arms).
- Participants may withdraw from a class up to 2 weeks before session starts. A credit toward a future class will be granted (based on space available).
We warmly welcome all families, including prospective, adoptive, foster and single-parent households.
To register for our Parent Toddler classes, click here to download the form.
Meet our Parent Toddler teacher, Ms. Tess Vining: https://www.bendwaldorf.com/faculty/#tess-vining