Our outdoor playscape has dramatically improved over the past year thanks to our community, teachers, donors, and volunteers. Special thanks to Brian Peavey and Kim Brannock who have served as the Playscape chairs over the past year. They have worked tirelessly to gather supplies, fundraise, coordinate work parties, and dedicate hours to improving our school playgrounds. If you happen to see Brain or Kim please thank them for all they’ve done. Sam Nagle and Peter Sedivec are taking over as co-Playscape chairs.
So what is in store for 2018? There are a number of ideas under discussion to continue improving the outdoor playscape:
- painting 4-square courts on the blacktop
- adding a basketball half court
- adding to the ropes course
- tire climbing/maze feature
- outdoor music instruments
- on-going repairs to ensure a safe playspace
What’s needed to make this happen?
- Fundraising – as discussed at the annual meeting, the school is continuing it’s healthy growth and we hope to fundraise for supplies and materials needed to continue improving the playscape
- Community donations – we’re hoping to reach out to Les Schwab for used tires and potentially other community partners for donations/supplies
- Volunteer Work Parties – this fall we had several successful work parties where families came and dedicated anywhere from a couple hours to a full day to help build features. If you haven’t attended one of these it’s a great way to earn volunteer hours and get to know our community better
If you’d like to get involved, have suggestions or feedback please contact Sarah at the front office.
SEE OUR SCHOOL IN ACTION
Congratulations class of 2020!
We welcome your visit to the Waldorf School of Bend! Experience our morning rhythm, and visit a main lesson in each grade. After your classroom visits, we are here to discuss Waldorf philosophy, answer questions, and explore whether the Waldorf approach is a fit for your child and your family. Because we visit classes in session, adults only please. There are other opportunities for your children to visit at our Open Houses. We have ongoing enrollment, based on availability, throughout the school year.
During the summer, we have limited office hours Monday through Wednesday from 9am to 1pm. The campus is fully closed from June 22-July5.
For more information about admission to the Waldorf School of Bend, please click here.
Our highest endeavor must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives. The need for imagination, a sense of truth, and a feeling of responsibility – these three forces are the very nerve of education.
2150 NE STUDIO ROAD
BEND, OREGON 97701
(541) 330 – 8841