Our outdoor playscape has dramatically improved over the past year thanks to our community, teachers, donors, and volunteers. Special thanks to Brian Peavey and Kim Brannock who have served as the Playscape chairs over the past year. They have worked tirelessly to gather supplies, fundraise, coordinate work parties, and dedicate hours to improving our school playgrounds. If you happen to see Brain or Kim please thank them for all they’ve done. Sam Nagle and Peter Sedivec are taking over as co-Playscape chairs.
So what is in store for 2018? There are a number of ideas under discussion to continue improving the outdoor playscape:
- painting 4-square courts on the blacktop
- adding a basketball half court
- adding to the ropes course
- tire climbing/maze feature
- outdoor music instruments
- on-going repairs to ensure a safe playspace
What’s needed to make this happen?
- Fundraising – as discussed at the annual meeting, the school is continuing it’s healthy growth and we hope to fundraise for supplies and materials needed to continue improving the playscape
- Community donations – we’re hoping to reach out to Les Schwab for used tires and potentially other community partners for donations/supplies
- Volunteer Work Parties – this fall we had several successful work parties where families came and dedicated anywhere from a couple hours to a full day to help build features. If you haven’t attended one of these it’s a great way to earn volunteer hours and get to know our community better
If you’d like to get involved, have suggestions or feedback please contact Sarah at the front office.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Waldorf School Of Bend Status
In accordance with Executive Order 20-12, and in cooperation with the Oregon Department of Education – Early Learning Division, Waldorf School of Bend has been designated as an Emergency Child Care Facility (ECCF). While non-ECCFs have been ordered to close, Waldorf School of Bend will remain open.
Please contact our Interim Director, Nate Brocious for more information. WSB's being open and in-person is only applicable to certain programs so please reach out to find out what this could mean for your child. Please go to our Operational Blueprint page for more information on WSB's response to the pandemic.
Nate Brocious: email@example.com
Our highest endeavor must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives. The need for imagination, a sense of truth, and a feeling of responsibility – these three forces are the very nerve of education.
2150 NE STUDIO ROAD
BEND, OREGON 97701
(541) 330 – 8841